Monday, October 15, 2012

The First Haircut

Jay's hair grows.  Fast.  One day it looks normal and the next day it is far too long.

He says the difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut is 2 weeks and told me to go for it.

My hair cutting experience consists of:


  • 2000: Shaving John's head during chemo treatments.  (Well to be more exact, I actually taped his head as it it were a basketball and then pulled out his hair because I wanted to test and see that it really wouldn't hurt.  I bic'd the rest of his head.  That was a disaster, actually.)
  • 2008: I attempted to cut another boy's hair, but his mom was standing right there and fixed it.  
  • 2012: I've watched Chantelle cut Jay's hair twice this summer.  She made it look pretty like a piece of cake.  
I'm not sure where his confidence in me came from, but he needed a cut.  
Q-tip top
And after my cutting job, he probably still needs a cut--from someone who actually knows what they're doing.  
I don't really know how to blend the mop on top with the sides. I took a little too much out of the front middle.  You can't really tell in this photo.  And there is a chunk on the side that got a little too short.  It still is far too long on top, but I was too afraid to cut any more off the top.  The longer it is, the more someone else has to work with when they try to fix it.  

After he put some hair product in it this morning he said it didn't look too bad.  
At least he is still smiling....

No comments:

Post a Comment