Sunday, March 17, 2013

We do celebrate holidays...

...even if I haven't gotten around to posting about them.  Here are a few of the holidays we've celebrated in our first year of marriage.

Happy Chinese New Year.  A Korean holiday that I love because it is an excuse to find a new Korean restaurant.
 Happy Valentines day.  We made sugar cookies and decorated them to deliver to neighbors.  Sadly, by the time we were done, it was 9:30 at night.  We delivered cookies to Geri, who lives upstairs.  She was awake, but the single lady who lives next door didn't answer the door.
Merry Christmas.  Jay told me Christmas eve that he wouldn't be able to sleep in Christmas morning because he gets so excited for Christmas.  I told him the only present I wanted was to be able to sleep in because my shift starts so early at the clinic each day and I don't get to sleep in often.  At 6:45 Christmas morning I rolled over to see Jay standing over the bed looking down at me.  He told me I could go back to bed...at least I was warned.  We spent Christmas morning opening a few presents from each other, eating breakfast with a few other young families from church and hiking Blacketts Ridge in Sabino Canyon.  
Happy Thanksgiving.  There isn't a picture from the actual feast at James and Emily's house or with Jay's family in town, but we did manage to remember to snap a photo Thanksgiving night.  We spent Thanksgiving day playing soccer at the park with a few other families, preparing food for dinner and talking with family.  As we were leaving our house to drive to James and Emily's house with the meal items we prepared, we heard our upstairs neighbor.  Her family is from NM and we realized she probably didn't have anywhere to go for dinner.  We knocked on her door and invited her to come join the Robertson chaos of Thanksgiving and she accepted.  
Happy Halloween-No picture from the day.  We got really creative and dressed up in our matching blue scrubs and attended trunk or treat events at our ward building and with James and Emily and their kids.  We also chaperoned a Halloween stake youth dance the weekend before and also dressed in our scrubs.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have too much fun. One of these days we need to get together for one of these holidays.

    ReplyDelete